The Akira Bike
This bike is the bike Kaneda rides in both the Manga and Anime of Akira, commonly refered to as the "Akira bike".
More info and images coming soon, I promise ^-^_,
Kaneda's Bike Schematic
The bike is rumoured to be a Honda.
Official Bike Specification
- Overall Length: 2.947mm
- Overall Height: 1,171mm (incl.shield)
- Overall Width: 831mm
- Seat Height: 340mm
- Wheelbase: 2,194mm
- Ground Clearance: 76mm
- Dry Weight: 154kg
- Number of Riders: 1
- Braking Distance: 9.9m (Initial Speed : 50 km/h)
- Minimum Turning Distance: 3.4m
- Tire Size: 18 inches (front), 19 inches (rear)
- Power Generator: Cold Superconducting Generator
- Maximum Power: 83 kw/12,500 rpm
- Maximum Voltage: 12,000 V
- Steering System: Power Support System
- Front Axie Caster Angle: 39°12', Rear Axie Caster Angle : 3°00'
- Frame: Ceramic Box Frame, Cowl : FRP and Carbon
- Energy Consumption at Rest: 2.3w
- Maximum Speed: 243 km/h
- Drag Coefficient: CD=0.24
- Computer Controlled Anti-Lock Brakes
- Auto-Navigation System
- Forward-Looking Radar
- CD Player
- Glove Compartment.
- Headlamp : 100w Neo Halogen Laser Light (can switch to fog lamp)
- Speed: 0 to 400m : 9.8 sec, 0 to 100 km/h : 8.7 sec
- Battery Charger Time: 1MW every 40 sec (can run for two hours at full throttle on fully charged battery)
For more information on Kaneda's Motorcycle from the anime and manga Akira, visit these sites.
Kaneda's Motorcycle Concept. Masses of images and research on Kaneda's concept bike.
Kaneda's Powerbike Project. A slow but ongoing project to build a working replica of Kaneda's power bike.